NESCPA - How our leadership academy is different
Our program uses an active learning case study model. This highly engaging approach allows you to directly apply program content to relevant, personalized, workplace opportunities and challenges. Through our content, program design, facilitator expertise, and passion, our program builds long-term sustainable leadership behaviors.
We do not buy off-the-shelf content regurgitated by a trainer. All NESCPA Leadership Academy program content is custom-created and is based on empirically derived evidence from executive leadership and talent management conferences, scholarly/peer-reviewed journals, best practices identified by the Center of Creative Leadership, and other relevant high-profile institutions of leadership research and practice. Our primary facilitator is a highly credible consultant to the accounting profession and is credentialed through academic training and practical corporate experience delivering highly effective programs.
We take a longitudinal approach as bootcamp‐style leadership programs have been proven to have minimal impact on long-term behavioral leadership improvement. Yes, in the short run people can be "satisfied" with the short-term approach, but the NESCPA Leadership Academy is about transformational change, and that takes immersion and time.
The NESCPA approach to leadership development
- The goal is to build authentic, emotionally intelligent, transformational leaders.
- Each session is based on an adult active-learning model supported by evidence-based content.
- A talent assessment is used to help participants develop their authentic self (as one-size-does-NOT-fit-all), which is then synthesized across leadership behavior best practices.
- The leadership content is categorized in two phases: Leading Yourself and Leading Others. An optional Phase 3, Leading the Business, will be offered next year.
- Participants attend the program as part of a cohort to help facilitate building their network and to foster the application of key learnings to practical organizational challenges.
- The program sponsor of the participant is offered a key learnings summary and coaching guide so they can be a more effective support mechanism during the learning journey.
- The program is cohort based and utilizes an active-learning model.
- Class size is limited to 25 individuals in order to provide a meaningful experience.
- Minimum class size is 15.
- The program is 12 months long.
- The program content is worth approximately 32 CPE hours which includes 4 hours of ethics.
- Participants meet in-person a total of four times for one day each.
- 9:00 - 4:00 Leadership Content
- 4:00 - 5:00/5:30 - Guest Speaker/Panel
- $3,000. $500 due at registration, remainder due October 1, 2019.
- Sponsor check-in points to help foster 'internal' coaching support.
- Sessions held in Lincoln, Location(s) TBD.
Program Session Dates:
- KICKOFF: November 4, 2019
- November 19, 2019, 9 am - 5 pm
- January 7, 2020, 9 am - 5 pm
- May 5, 2020, 9 am - 5 pm
- September 22, 2020, 9 am - 5 pm
- GRADUATION: November 2020
Fill in the form below to register now!